How to start your own poll?
One special feature of this opinion platform is that it allows registered members to design and run their own opinion polls. If you are a registered member and want to gather opinions from other fellow members in this way, please follow the following procedures -
1) Click on the "Add Poll" button when you see it under any broad discussion topic.
2) Compose your own question in the "Poll question" box.
3) Enter your pre-set multiple choice answers under the "Poll answers" boxes, you can design 2 to 20 categorical answers.
4) In the "Supplementary content" area, you can write a passage for your prospective respondents to read before answering your question.
5) Press "Submit" if you want to start your poll right a way, or press "Preview" if you want to look at the format first. If you press "Preview" and then "Amend", you will be able to change your content. You can do this over and over again until you are fully satisfied, then press "Submit".
After your submission, your poll may be run instantly, or be delayed until your registration status is cleared. When a poll is being run, any registered member (including yourself) can click and submit one's chosen answer, and then sees the latest statistics, which are refreshed on real time basis.
Please note that we normally only allow members to answer each poll once, no matter how many times they log on. We also do not allow members to change their answers once submitted. These rules can be changed, but the poll designer must ask the Chief Editor for permission first.